Thứ Bảy, 26 tháng 12, 2015

Take Some Time Out for Tea with Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer

 

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeAndMyTea #CollectiveBias
Easy Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer! #MeAndMyTea #ad @bigelowtea
A cup of perfectly brewed tea is my favorite way to take some time out just for me. I always overschedule myself around the holidays. But once I take even 10 minutes to sit down to drink some tea I’m relaxed and recharged.
We had a traditional hot tea drink with cinnamon and orange that I grew up on in Winston-Salem. I love that Bigelow‘s Constant Comment reminds me of that Christmas tea. It has a bright orange flavor that is perfect with their spice blend.
In my opinion, tea needs a thick, rich creamer. Today, I have a super-easy vegan cashew almond creamer recipe for you. I made this one plain so it would let the flavors of the tea shine through.
Easy Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer! #MeAndMyTea #ad @bigelowtea
But think of the recipe as a base. As is it is a plain unsweetened creamer which can be impossible to find at a store. However, you can sweeten it, add your favorite extract flavors, or even blend in some dates to make it fancier for plain coffee or tea.
Many of you will be visiting friends and relatives for the holidays. One of the things I love aboutBigelow Tea is you can find it everywhere. While I was traveling back from Charleston this weekend I was able to grab some at a Walmart in the middle of nowhere. There’s no excuse to miss out on a relaxing cup of tea where ever you are. Plus you can pick up some nuts to make this creamer!
Easy Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer! #MeAndMyTea #ad @bigelowtea
I used half cashews and half almonds in my creamer, but you can use just one or the other. I love the richness that cashews add. I also always buy broken pieces of cashews whenever I can because they are cheaper.
Easy Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer! #MeAndMyTea #ad @bigelowtea
Once the ingredients are blended you’ll strain them through a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer. There will be a ton of pulp. Instead of throwing it away, I like to toss it in when I’m making dog cookies. You can also dry it in the dehydrator to use later.
CASHEW ALMOND VEGAN CREAMER
Serves: about 1½ cups
Serves: about 1½ cups
This is a basic vegan creamer that you can customize to your heart's desire. Sweeten it or not, add vanilla extract or even soak some dates with the nuts and make a caramel flavored creamer that's amazing in chai!
INGREDIENTS
  • ½ cup almonds
  • ½ cup cashew pieces
  • 1½ cups water
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Soak the almonds, cashews and water in your blender for 8 to 12 hours.
  2. Blend until smooth and strain through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag. Now you have a base creamer for all your favorite drinks!
Do you use creamer in all your tea, none of it or just a few flavors?
Easy Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer! #MeAndMyTea #ad @bigelowtea



by 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét